Recent Commercial Posts
Commercial Cleaning Services
Whether you need cleaning for a commercial office or require industrial cleaning services, your local SERVPRO of Hattiesburg can help. You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office or warehouse. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, call in your local SERVPRO of Hattiesburg team. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on SERVPRO of Hattiesburg Professionals to make your workspace or warehouse look its very best.
SERVPRO of Hattiesburg will get the job done right and get it done quickly, because the SERVPRO Advantage includes these benefits:
- Award-winning training
- Over 40 years’ experience in the industry
- More than 100 exclusive cleaning products
Have Questions? Call Today 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward to provide your employees and customers ongoing safety as you operate after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specialty Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Hattiesburg offer cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. They have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Their cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Document Restoration
- Drapes and Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
What is SERVPRO of Hattiesburg's "Standard of Care"?
Commercial Restoration can be a very specific and detail oriented business. All commercial projects com loaded with many different shifting and complicated variables like source of water, Affected building materials, date of water intrusion, water category and class as well as the type of business that you are dealing with. Following the guidelines for the proper industry Standard of Care provides a project template key metrics for an optimal outcome for our commercial water damage restoration customers. SERVPRO of Hattiesburg is committed to following and documenting the proper Standard of Care throughout the entire commercial water damage restoration project. At SERVPRO we will get your property back in order "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Standard for “Standard of Care”
The standard of care in the Commercial Restoration industry is pretty easy to find through the IICRC. The Standard of Care in Commercial Water Damage (S550) is a procedural industry standard for performing water damage restoration in commercial, industrial institutional, and complex residential structures, systems and furniture, fixtures and equipment. The Standard of Care is determined and updated by the restoration industry governing body, the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning Restoration Certification)
Why is Water Damage Restoration Standard of Care Important?
Following the Standard of Care matters on commercial water damage restoration projects because SERVPRO of Hattiesburg is committed to providing the industry’s optimal efficiency and outcome for every customer in every circumstance. Choosing SERVPRO of Hattiesburg as your restoration contractor ensures that your loss will be mitigated according to the highest industry standards, saving you time and money against recurring or secondary loss such as structural instability or microbial growth. Following the Standard of Care for commercial water damage restoration gets you back in business and protects your structure, customers, employees, and reputation.
Furthermore, should the loss be an insurance claim, the carrier will expect and require adherence to the Standard of Care in order to consider the claim. Accurate documentation includes detailed photographs of the loss and the progress, the Advanced Record of Drying Conditions Report, Inspection Report (updated daily during the drying period).
Standard of Care – a professional company will provide documentation and proof of work.
As a valued commercial ERP (Emergency Response Program) customer, you are presented with your Standard of Care Packet following the successful mitigation of the loss. Your representative will review this packet with you in a debriefing conversation. The document is for your records in case a question arises or should you decide to sell the property. The Standard of Care Restoration Packet includes photographs of the loss, the drying documents, the work authorization, and any other documents specific to your loss and industry.
Standard of Care – Your Goal is Our Goal
The Standard of Care in commercial water damage restoration is sophisticated and can be complicated to execute successfully, but choosing SERVPRO of Hattiesburg for your commercial water loss makes it easy for you. You call us… we take care of the details for you.
For more information on our Commercial Water Damage services please contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg at 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450, or contact us to get started on an Emergency Response Plan for your business.
SERVPRO Ready Plan
Did you know that nearly 50% of businesses never reopen after a disaster or major damage?
The team at SERVPRO of Hattiesburg understands how critical it is for you to be prepared, and we have developed our SERVPRO Ready Plan to help make sure you are ready for whatever happens. Our SERVPRO Ready Plan will provide you and your staff with easily accessible information that is crucial during an emergency.
While we understand that no matter of preparedness will prevent disasters, we also know that having an SERVPRO Ready Plan in place will reduce time and financial impact on the business so that you can return to what matters most as quickly as possible. The SERVPRO Ready Plan will help you by having critical documents and details of your building and business in one place as well as providing you access to professionals who know how to help you return to normal.
From a pipe burst to a catastrophic event like a hurricane, the SERVPRO Ready Plan will have everything that you need at your fingertips. Contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg today to schedule your free SERVPRO Ready Plan property assessment: 601-544-0512.
Commercial Fire Damage Preparation
As a leader in fire and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Hattiesburg is always here to help.
As heaters along Gulf Coast start coming on, we receive an uptick in fire and smoke damage related calls. A fire in your business can be costly from a time perspective as well as the loss of business revenue and the cost for the repairs themselves. A business interruption like a fire could cause the business to be closed for days to several months depending on the severity of the damage. Fortunately, there are several ways that you can reduce this impact on your business.
- Install Fire Alarm System
- A smoke alarm will automatically notify first responders as well as alert your staff Early warning systems that alert your staff to the presence of fire.
- Install Fire Sprinkler System
- A sprinkler systems will assist by actively controlling fire until firefighters arrive. While a sprinkler system only releases a fraction of water as standard fire hoses, they can greatly minimize potential damage.
- Consult Fire Protection Engineering Company
- A specialized fire engineering group may be able to help you in designing fire-resistant elements the construction or renovation of your building.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg for a SERVPRO READY Plan
- A emergency response plan can greatly unexpected disasters. Your plan should include emergency shut-offs and locations, vendor contacts and insurance information. Contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg by calling (601)544-0512 and a representative will set up your free plan.
Whatever you choose to do for your business, you should always make sure that your systems are regularly inspected and maintained in order to ensure proper operation. You may use a combination or just one of these ideas, but we hope this information will help you better decide what fits with your individual company's needs.
In the event of a fire damage, the team at SERVPRO of Hattiesburg is here to help. We are a full service restoration company that is IICRC Certified in Fire and Smoke Restoration. Our highly trained team is always Here to Help: 601-544-0512.
Commercial Cleaning in Hattiesburg, MS
We are glad to assist our local schools in preparing for a wonderful 2021/2022 school year!
While we are most known for providing services that are the result of damage (such as water, fire, mold, or biohazard). We actually are called upon to provide many services that would be considered non-emergent. These could be cleanings or construction related improvements such as remodeling or renovations. We frequently receive requests such as these from schools preparing for the return of students.
Recently, we were called upon by one of our clients in Hattiesburg to assist in preparing for the start of school. The school requested assistance with cleaning walls and replacing lights and tiles in the elevated ceilings. In order to reach the ceilings and high portions of the walls, our team utilized motorized scissor lifts that would allow them to move more quickly and safely. We completed the project in 2 days.
We are grateful to partner with our schools and are hoping for a wonderful school year for all of our teachers and students in the Hattiesburg area!
How to Handle a Water Damage in your Business
Our team responded to a commercial office space with significant water damage. A pipe burst overnight causing damage to a building of office suites.
While no scenario is exactly the same, there are general steps that can be taken in every situation.
- Locate and shut off the shut-off valve or source of damage. Knowing where the water is coming from and how to shut it off is the first step that should be taken when you find a water damage in your building. Turning off the source of the damage is the first step in mitigating and preventing additional damage.
- Contact your insurance company to inform them of the damage. By informing your insurance company of the damage, you are able to take the first steps in claim resolution. The more quickly that you report your damage to your insurance company, the more quickly they are able to assess coverage and reimburse you for damages.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg for emergency services and reconstruction. It is also helpful to begin moving items off of the floor such as rugs or wood furniture or electronic documents such as printers and computers that could be damaged by standing water. Our seasoned team of professionals will arrive promptly and immediately move into action: extracting and mitigating your water damage by removing damaged materials or assessing if they can be salvaged. Following the mitigation process, our team will provide you with the repairs or reconstruction for any item that was not able to restored by cleaning and drying.
CALL SERVPRO of Hattiesburg
Our team is available for cleaning, restoration, and reconstruction 24/7/365. Call us: 601-544-0512
Issues from Water Intrusion in the Commercial Environment
Many commercial structures have a larger volume water entering the premises through plumbing supply lines, and at a higher water pressure. The quantity of outgoing sewage is also greater than a typical residence. Commercial buildings tend to be of larger square footage than a home, so entry points for water intrusion through areas like the roof, exterior walls or windows are greater in number.
Water intrusion in commercial buildings can damage high-value equipment like computers and building services such as HVAC, lighting, elevators and security equipment. Common long-term consequences of water damage; like the growth of potentially toxic mold, may be even more problematic than in a home due to the larger occupancy of a business or commercial enterprise. When a greater number of people with a wider range of sensitivity are exposed to mold and bacteria spores, health effects may be significantly magnified, perhaps leading to an enforced closure of the facility until the situation is fully remediated.
Typical issues from water intrusion in the commercial environment include:
- Water from roof leaks penetrating through ceilings. Chronic leakage through the roof may proceed unnoticed for long periods, hidden by suspended ceiling panels or in electrical or HVAC service areas above.
- Ruptures of water supply lines typically release clean (white) water. Sewage backups or leaks in drain pipes release toxic (black) water that may be a biohazard and require evacuation of the premises.
- Flooding from external sources can result from heavy rains, storms such as hurricanes, rapid snow melt or local overflowing lakes or rivers.
- Moisture intrusion through the building envelope is typically more subtle. Humid outdoor air may be drawn in through structural cracks and gaps. Over a period, chronic dampness forms in spaces like wall voids, unventilated attics and service areas, spawning hidden mold growth that persists unseen.
For professional remediation of water intrusion in commercial buildings and secondary damage such as mold growth, contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg! We service the Hattiesburg and MS Gulf Coast area! 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
The Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) System is Designed with Business Owners in Mind
Your commercial property is always at risk of being damaged by natural elements and disasters. If your business gets hit by a disaster, you’ll need a commercial restoration company with the proper training, experience and resources to return your property to “Like it never even happened.”
We are faster to any disaster and use advanced technology to take care of any commercial restoration need.
SERVPRO of Hattiesburg technicians first identify the extent of the problem, and then work with care and sensitivity to rescue and restore the area to normal conditions. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) system exists to help you get emergency mitigation services to your business as fast as possible after a disaster. The ERP system is designed with business owners in mind and allows you to upload relevant documents, information, and building layouts that help our technicians react fast and control the situation better than if you had placed a standard phone call. The ERP system is free to use and has an official mobile app to allow you to call for help at the touch of a button.
If you are preparing for a disaster or recovering from one we can help!
Call us at 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Let SERVPRO of Hattiesburg help you with all your carpet cleaning needs. Here at SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, we use more than 100 exclusive cleaning products and award winning training to get your carpet looking restored and rejuvenated. Below are some common misconceptions about having your carpets professionally cleaned.
- The only reason to have your carpets cleaned is to remove the dirt.
- In fact the IICRC standards for carpet cleaning S100, the CRI carpet and Rug institute, and United States EPA all state that: CARPETS MUST BE CLEANED FIRST FOR HEALTH, AND THEN FOR APPERARANCE. Studies conducted by the EPA have proven that the indoor air quality of many buildings is more polluted than the outdoor air.
- Carpets act like a huge filter that traps all sorts of pathogens, toxins, and bio pollutants. For example tobacco smoke is a common toxin found in soiled carpets. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 different chemical compounds. Even if you, your family member or friends don’t smoke, the chemicals and so many others are picked up by your shoes, tracked into your house and deposited in your carpet.
- Therefore in addition to removing dirt and soil, you may want to consider the health issues and indoor quality issues related to pollutions in your carpets. Having your carpets cleaned at least once a year will maintain a clean environment for you, your family, and friends.
- Having the right equipment is all a company needs to clean your carpets properly.
- This is simply not true. Many companies have top of the line equipment but do not know how you use it. You probably know someone who bought the most high tech cell phone on the market and does not know how to us it properly. The same thing happens with carpet cleaning equipment.
- At SERVPRO of Hattiesburg our equipment specialist go through extensive training with our production managers on how to properly use the equipment and the do’s and don’ts when cleaning carpets. They are also trained on more than 100 products so they know exactly what products to use on all type of carpet.
SERVPRO of Hattiesburg is dedicated to excellence. We are proud of the products we sell and the service we give. We are committed to our customers and treat them with honesty and integrity. Let us help you keep you, your family, and friends’ safe. Call us today to make an appointment to have your carpets cleaned by the professionals at SERVPRO of Hattiesburg at 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
3 Facts Business Owners Need to Know
Your commercial building can be affected by flooding from several sources. Water damage can include warped flooring and moldy drywall, but one of the more immediate issues caused by flooding is the influx of contaminated water. If your business has recently been damaged by flooding, it can be helpful to understand how this type of water can cause long-term damage and what you can do to mitigate it.
- It Can Contain Dangerous Chemicals
Environmental experts often call contaminated water that stems from flooding Category 3. This means the water did not come from a sterile source and may contain a variety of hazardous components, including harsh sewer and lawn chemicals that entered the water during flooding. These chemicals can make the water dangerous to touch, so calling in a flood damage and cleanup service is the safest way to have it removed.
- It May Make You Sick
Category 3 water damage can be dangerous in more than one way. For example, standing black water can grow microbes that may cause a variety of health effects. Urine and feces may also be present, even if they are not immediately visible, so it is wise to avoid this type of water completely and wait for professional cleanup services to arrive.
- Acting Quickly Can Be Essential
Because contaminated water can become more dangerous the longer it sits, it is a good idea to call in a cleanup crew right away. This can be important even if you believe the worst of the damage has already been done. Having the water removed may reduce the chances of long-term issues with your building’s affected floors and walls and prevent mold growth, which can be difficult to treat once it takes hold.
Cat 3 water damage can harm your commercial building in several ways. However, when you know its dangers and how to combat it, you may be able to prevent the worst of the destruction.
If your commercial building has experienced a water emergency call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg at 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Commercial Damage Levels
SERVPRO of Hattiesburg has the capability to handle commercial damages.
There are so many factors that can contribute to commercial damage occurring such as fires due to unforeseen circumstances, facility usage which puts wear and tear on your property, down to the most basic water damage. No matter the source of the damage, this downtime can be costly both to your business and your customers. When damage at your commercial property happens, how do you know to what level and extent? Below we have a grading system we use to determine the level of which your property is assessed and categorized to begin mitigation.
Small commercial loss typically involving 15,000 square feet or less of affected floor space. If the facility was entirely affected, examples of a small commercial loss may include but are not limited to, a stand-alone retail establishment, a small church, a daycare facility, a small shopping center, a small warehouse or manufacturing facility, or a stand-alone administrative building. A Level 1 loss can also be a small portion of a much larger structure.
Midsize commercial loss typically involving 15,000 to 60,000 square feet of affected floor space. The building or buildings involved are usually multi-level or greatly divided spaces. If the facility was entirely affected, examples of a Level 2 loss may include but are not limited to, a small multi-family property, a midsize church or school, a small shopping center, a multi-tenant administration facility, or a midsize warehouse or manufacturing facility. A Level 2 loss can also be just a portion of a much larger structure.
Large commercial loss typically involving more than 60,000 square feet of affected floor space. The building or buildings involved will likely be large multi-level structures. If the facility was entirely affected, examples of a Level 3 loss can include but are not limited to, a large church, hospital, school, or university; a large multi-family property; a mid- to high-rise retail or administration facility; a large industrial, manufacturing, or warehouse facility; or a large strip-style shopping center or shopping mall. This is the level at which it would be appropriate to refer to the project as a “large loss.” Once our team determines the level of loss, the property is further assessed, and a team of appropriate size is dispatched to get the job done quickly and efficiently. If you have damage at your Commercial property, call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg at 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Natural Disasters and Your Business
Natural disasters can be terrifying. Especially if they affect your home or business, and those that depend on you. Although it’s scary to think about, there are a wide variety of different catastrophes that could strike your business, including floods, hurricanes, tornado, fires, and more. If one of these unfortunate events happens, you don’t want to find yourself unprepared! Discover the most important steps to take following a major disaster so you can recover quickly and safely.
1. Assess the Situation
As soon as the calamity has died down, check yourself and any family members to make sure no one is hurt. If you have any nearby neighbors, see if they are in need of any help. Turn off the gas and electricity in your home if it safe to do so, and avoid entering your home for a while, as there could be damage to your floors or ceilings that could cause them to collapse.
2. Finding Food and Shelter
If your business no longer has running water, you can obtain it through emergency sources, such as rainwater, your hot water tank, your toilet reservoir, or ice cube trays. Shelters are usually assembled by the American Red Cross in emergency situations for those whose homes are too damaged to stay in; look for one of these if you feel your home or business is dangerous. The Federal Emergency Management Agency, as well as local churches and community services, are also good resources for any needs you might have in these dire situations.
3. Be Cautious
Disasters always leave a trail of destruction behind; be wary of contaminated floodwaters, fallen power lines, or any criminals taking advantage of all the chaos. Don’t turn the gas back on in your home, as there could be a leak, and make sure your house is ventilated if you’re cooking over your fireplace.
4. Recovering Important Information
One of the last steps of disaster rehabilitation and recovery is to salvage as many of the important documents from the wreckage, such as your insurance policies, birth certificates, driver’s license, deeds, wills, financial statements, and any other precious information. Although these procedures might be difficult, it will help you and your family recover from this crisis as quickly as possible.
Call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg with all Your Disaster Rehabilitation Needs!
If a disaster has affected your home, call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg for all your cleanup needs! Our disaster restoration services are available 24/7, 365 days per year; they include water and flood damage cleanup, mold remediation, odor control, reconstruction services, trauma cleanup, and fire and smoke damage cleanup. Don’t wait another moment if your home has been devastated! Call us today! 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Flood Waters in Your Business
For Homes, Businesses, Schools & More…
After the flood waters recede and the debris is cleaned up, most people will want to begin rebuilding as quickly as possible. While it is understandable to try to get back into a home or business as quickly as possible to try to retain some normalcy, problems can occur when trying to rebuild too quickly. Flood waters have likely submerged the wood causing it to absorb large amounts of water. Beginning the rebuild process too quickly can lead to mold growth, insect infestation, and rotten wood.
Flood waters are filthy. They contain bacteria, viruses, waste particles, and all kinds of gross contaminants. Materials that are more porous, like drywall and carpet, must be removed and replaced.
CAUTION! Make sure you inspect for structural and electrical damage from outside to determine if it is safe to enter. Electrical safety is extremely important in floods. Check for fire hazards and gas leaks. Use battery-powered lights. Wear sturdy, rubber shoes, rubber gloves, and eye protection. If mold is present, wear a respirator with a HEPA filter.
If you need assistance getting your home or business back together, call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg at 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Flood Damage Recovery Surprises
Flooding in your Hattiesburg/ MS Gulf Coast business is already enough of a crisis. Unfortunately, as professionals mitigate and remediate the harm, it is not uncommon for owners to confront snags in the process. If the flood waters unleash compounding factors during the onslaught and the recovery, you need a restoration partner who can adapt their response to any unexpected twists and turns when secondary damage occurs.
What Are Examples of Secondary Damage or Discovered Hazards?
Your commercial building might harbor hidden materials brought to light during flood damage. When structural components break, erode, or strip away protective coverings during the rush of water or attempts to restore the chaos, the process might need to come to a halt. If the following materials are discovered a change in the recovery plan is necessary:
- Lead painted surfaces
- A wide range of chemicals, stored or swept inside, now contaminating the flood water
- Mold growth
How Can I Handle the Presence of Biohazards and Mold Discovered During the Flood Recovery Process?
When SERVPRO is your commercial flood damage recovery contractor in the Hattiesburg/ MS Gulf Coast area, the unveiling of biohazards and mold triggers the inclusion of remediation phases for each challenge. Our team includes trained, licensed, and experienced managers and technicians who can jump in whenever needed to secure the scene and take care of the interruption. We commit to:
- Containing the affected spaces and the hazardous substances
- Collecting the harmful materials, residues, and contaminated fluids
- Disposing of the mold and biohazardsas required under local regulations
Rely on SERVPRO of Hattiesburg to recognize new issues mid-project and integrate their resolution into the overarching restoration plan. Call on us at 601-544-0512 for a full-spectrum of services to get you back in business fast after flood damage.
Commercial Water Damage
This photo was taken at a recent commercial water damage.
No one wants to discover water or fire damage on a Monday morning. Unfortunately, a commercial facility is more likely to have a larger, more significant damage than a residential home. This is not only because of the facility's size, but it is also because commercial facilities generally have longer periods without anyone there (i.e. overnight, weekends, holidays). Because of this, it is important to have a plan in place in case a disaster does happen.
Call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg
Did you know that we do commercial damage restoration? We know the stress and anxiety that water or fire damage can bring to your business. At SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, we are dedicated to limiting your business interruption by being faster to any size disaster. We can be on-site within a few hours to help reduce future damage water can cause. We have the right equipment, procedures and training to help ensure the structure is clean & dry the first time, saving you time and money.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration Facts
In the restoration industry, there is more than meets the eye when it comes to water and the havoc it can wreak.
Water Restoration Facts
- A sheet of drywall standing upright in 1/2" of water can absorb as much as 6 inches in less than 3 hours.
- Water is known as a "universal solvent" because it dissolves more substances than any other liquid.
- Mold typically begins to grow within 24 to 48 hours in an untreated, moist environment.
- A puddle of water around a water heater indicates a slow leak, or rusted or corroded fittings. Act quickly as water heaters are under a great deal of water pressure.
Water Contamination Categories in the Restoration Industry
- Category One-Water from a clean source that poses no risk of sickness or discomfort such as from an overflowing bathtub or from a broken water supply pipe.
- Category Two-Water that has a significant degree of chemical, biological and/or physical contamination such as water from a dishwasher or washer, or aquarium leak or discharged Category One water that sits untreated for more than 24 hours becomes a Category Two.
- Category Three- Water coming from a grossly unsanitary source or carrying disease causing agents such as releases from septic systems and flood waters or discharged Category One water that sits for more than 48 hours becomes Category Three, or discharged Category Two water that sits for more than 24 hours becomes Category Three.
The use of chemical agents that act as biocides may be used when there is a need to control or destroy pathogenic microorganisms during a restoration project. The EPA defines three levels of biocidal activity:
- Sanitizers which are designed to reduce the number of microorganisms
- Disinfectants which are designed to destroy or inhibit the growth, but not necessarily the spores.
- Sterilizers which are designed to destroy all microorganisms and their spores, such as mold, bacteria, viruses, etc.
Have commercial water damage questions? Call 601-544-0512 or 228-467-4450
Sprinkler systems can be a common source of water damage in commercial facilities. While their benefits far outweigh their cons, both properly and improperly working sprinkler systems can contribute to a flooded facility. In this case, a fire in an adjacent building caused the sprinkler system in this building to go off over the weekend. The sprinkler shut-off was eventually found but not until the damage had affected 36,000 sq ft of the facility. If this was your facility, what would you do?
Choose a Trained Professional
When your facility is affected, it is important to call a commercial drying specialist such as SERVPRO of Hattiesburg. At SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, we understand that every hour closed leads to an hour lost of productivity and potential revenue. Commercial damage restoration produces unique challenges so it is very important to choose a trained professional with a proven track record.
At SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, we will respond immediately to your damage regardless of size or scope. When your facility is affected, no job is too big or too small.
If your find yourself in this situation, call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg.
Restoring Commercial Property
Flooding and water damage events at Hattiesburg commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Hattiesburg
SERVPRO of Hattiesburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Advanced Technologies and Techniques
When unwelcome water finds its way into your business, you know you want it gone. Fast. You want to avoid mold, odors, and all the other problems that come with lingering water in all the wrong spaces. This is when you call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg!
The question is… “How do I know for sure if my commercial building is completely dry?”
The answer is THERMAL IMAGING CAMERAS. SERVPRO of Hattiesburg utilizes these special cameras to identify moisture by detecting temperature differentials. This provides a visual map of where our trained technicians need to look to confirm the presence of moisture or water damage with a moisture meter.
Our SERVPRO of Hattiesburg technicians have been trained and are experienced in using Infrared Thermal Imagining. This allows our team to quickly assess walls, ceilings and other building material for active moisture… especially in those “hard to reach” areas that could otherwise be easily overlooked. Using Infrared Thermal Imaging technology ensures you receive most comprehensive and thorough assessment available. For any commercial loss call SERVPRO of Hattiesburg, 24 hours a day 7 days a week!
Advanced Technologies and Techniques: Part 2
The past few decades has seen a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow SERVPRO of Hattiesburg Professionals to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning. The IICRC S500 Water Damage Guide is a specific set of practical standards that incorporate the field of psychometry, which involves the manipulation of temperature and relative humidity to remove moisture and dry a property quickly and effectively.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.